Development aid has been debated, questioned and criticized. This fun video gives some perspective on the matter. I totally agree that aid needs to be based on real needs.
Imagine if every person in Africa saw the “Africa for Norway”-video, ( developed by The Norwegian Students’ and Academics’ International Assistance Fund) and this was the only information they ever got about Norway. What would they think about Norway?
The message they would like to get accross.
1. Fundraising should not be based on exploiting stereotypes.
2. We want better information about what is going on in the world, in schools, in TV and media.
3. Media: Show respect.
4. Aid must be based on real needs, not “good” intentions.
- The funniest campaign this year: Africa For Norway (osocio.org)
- Radi-Aid: African Aid for Frostbitten Norwegians (pdjeliclark.wordpress.com)